Lucero's arrival meant a visit from Granny! Nicky was a great help during the two weeks she was with us, giving me a chance to rest and some time alone with Joaquin. I enjoyed her company as always, but Joaquin positively revelled in it. His English vocabulary increased dramatically and through that, more importantly, their relationship grew much stronger. By the last week they were great mates, teaching each other new words as they went along. Joaquin behaved beautifully (despite the odd piece of naughtiness) but the sweetest moment was when Granny asked him to teach her words in Spanish and, rather than admit that he didn't know, he invented a word and made Granny repeat and repeat it until she got it right whilst I had hysterics listening to their conversations from the other end of the house! It is also thanks to Granny that Joaquin has developed an interest in tennis and now periodically says "line" when we're watching Wimbledon.
Estoy segura que Nicky recordara con una sonrisa cada vez que Joaquin le pasaba los diccionarios diciendo "I'm carring an enormous one!" o cuando sentado a su lado le ayudaba a rayar queso para el macaroni con queso que tanto le gusta...
I'm sure Nicky will remember Joaquin carrying dictionaries with the cry "I'm carrying an enormouse one!" and when he sat next to her to help grate cheese for the macaroni cheese we all enjoyed so much.
En la foto la familia reunida, Granny con sus dos nietos y sus dos hijas...
Of course Lucero also loved having Granny here and I think Nicky also enjoyed having time with her so young - she changed nappies and rocked her to sleep a few times. Thank you for the presents, the meals, the cups of tea after our siesta, the clean clothes and most of all your company. We will miss you a lot.
Here is a family portrait - Granny with her two granchildren and her two daughters.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario